A simple guide to juicing
Here’s my simple guide on juicing – a great way to consume your daily recommended quantity of fruits and vegetables.
BANT (The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy) latest guidelines are 6 vegetables and 1 fruit a day to support optimal health so if you have a juicer or blender but are not sure where to start, here is a quick and easy guide to help you.
- Start with a base of vegetables which have a high water content such as celery or cucumber.
- Select 2 handfuls from a number of alkalising vegetables including; spinach, kale, broccoli, cabbage, avocado, chard and romaine/cos lettuce.
- Add small handful of herbs or tsp of spices for added taste and additional health benefits together such as ginger, cinnamon, mint, coriander, or parsley.
- Add a whole lemon or lime (peel and pith removed) or just the juice or a peeled and cored apple/pear for sweetness.
- Put all the ingredients into the juicer or blender making sure to put the more watery base of vegetables/fruits around the alkalising vegetables.
- Juice/blend at highest level, add water if required and juice/blend again until you have a smoothie –like consistency.
- Drink that day, either with straw or just as it is.
Enjoy your journey to optimal health!
Book a FREE discovery call
If you feel that you need extra support or would like to learn more about how I can help, why not book in for a free 15 minute no obligation discovery call using the form below: